Adobe Certified Instructor Claudia McCue shares hot tips for working faster in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator CC
Just some of what you’ll learn:
- Simplified tables: Drag and drop to easily move columns and rows in tables.
- Fixed Layout EPUB: Make interactive EPUB books with live text — children’s books, cookbooks, textbooks, etc. — rich with images, audio, video, and animations.
- Color Groups: Manage and organize your color swatches how you want.
- Font workflow improvements: No more “missing font” errors — font management is streamlined! Plus learn how to easily add fonts from Typekit.
- Smarter Smart Guides: Guides now snap when distance and alignment between two objects match for faster, more precise layouts.
- Improved Layer Comps: See which attributes each layer comp controls, and sync changes to multiple comps.
Join us for this half-day workshop and supercharge your Creative Cloud skills!
WHAT: Adobe Workshop - InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
WHEN: Friday, March 13, 2015, 1-5 pm
WHERE: AEIVA (Abroms-Engel Institute for Visual Arts) at UAB, Room 250
1221 10th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35205
PARKING: Attendees will be given passes to park in the lot behind the AEIVA building. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to get your pass and place it in your car to avoid a parking violation.
COST: $25 - non-AIGA members; $10 - members
This event is hosted by the UAB Department of Art and Art History.
Thursday, April 9, 2015 - Friday, April 10, 2015 / Chicago
Gain confidence to lead internal and external problem-solving workshops and learn how to address important issues like managing team dynamics and navigating community problems. Attendees will return to work with tools, techniques and resources to help run more effective meetings, foster collaboration and effect social outcomes. For more information, visit: aiga.org/facilitation-by-design/
Saturday, April 18, 2015 / Birmingham
AIGA Birmingham invites students from the region to participate in the 12th annual AIGA Birmingham Portfolio Review. The review will take place Saturday April 18, 2015 from 12-3pm at the UAB - Abroms-Engel Institute for the Visual Art.
Approximately 20 design firm representatives, freelancers, photographers, and multimedia professionals will be on-hand to review student work. Over the past years, we've had hundreds of students from all areas of the state participate including Troy University, University of South Alabama, Auburn University, Jacksonville State University, University of Montevallo, University of Alabama at Birmingham, University of North Alabama and others. A discussion about portfolios will take place from 3-345pm.
How do I register? Click on the "register" button at the bottom of the page to pay with paypal.
What is the cost? $5 for student AIGA members and $15 for non-student members.
Students may signup for reviews with specific reviewers when they arrive at 1130am.
Students may sign up for 1 reviewer at a time, the student must return to the registration desk to sign up for another review.
How many creatives can I have review my portfolio? Students may signup for as many as 3 reviewer times.
What should I bring? A portfolio with your resume and 10-15 pieces of your best work. Be prepared to discuss your work.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.